2015 Color of the Year
Coral Reef (SW 6606), a vivacious hue, is Sherwin-Williams Color of the Year 2015. Upbeat and optimistic, Coral Reef celebrates a time for renewal and is the perfect mélange of pink, orange and red that can be used to liven up any space.
“Its unexpected versatility brings life to a range of design aesthetics, whether traditional, vintage, cottage or contemporary.”
Jackie Jordan, Sherwin-Williams director of color marketing.
Add Coral Reef to your home’s palette and watch creativity blossom. Here are some ideas on where to use Coral Reef in your home:
- Let the color stand by itself on a single accent wall or on your front door for a pop of color.
- Paint a piece of furniture as a great accent piece.
- Pair Coral Reef with Cotton White ( SW 7104) ,Black Fox (SW 7020) or other floral hues and lush greens.
- You can relax this bold color slightly by pairing it with warm neutrals such as Sedate Gray (SW 6169) or buttery yellows like Hubbard Squash (SW 0044).
- Driftwood, medium wood tones and metal finishes also complement its flower-garden hue.
- For vintage quality that’s hard to beat, Coral Reef and aged matte brass make a perfect pair.
Using Sherwin-Williams suite of easy-to-use color selection tools, you can explore the Color of the Year and more than 1,500 Sherwin-Williams colors. Paint a room in your home with Coral Reef (SW 6606) before picking up a brush with our Color Visualizer.