Tendency of a roller to throw off small droplets of paint during application.
- Applying the coating (e.g., primer or paint) too fast.
- Using a roller cover with the wrong nap for the product.
- Overloading the roller cover with paint.
- Overworking the paint once it is applied to a substrate (e.g., the surface to be painted).
- Thinning of product.
- Follow label and data page directions for the appropriate roller type and size for the product.
- Use quality roller covers, which have proper resiliency and reduce spattering.
- Use quality paints that are formulated to minimize spattering.
- Follow label and data page directions for thinning the paint.