Deep, irregular cracks resembling dried mud in the dry paint film.
- Paint is applied too thick.
- Paint is allowed to build up in corners during application.
- Surface was not prepared properly; contaminants were not removed.
- Follow label and data page directions for the appropriate surface preparation.
- Follow label and data page directions for the appropriate film build.
- Determine the correct roller cover based on the coating being applied and the surface. On smooth surfaces, a mohair, 1/4", or 3/8" roller nap is usually sufficient. On textured surfaces, a 3/4" nap or greater is needed.
- Smooth the coating by scraping and/or sanding, prime if needed, and repaint.
- Quality paints have very good application and hiding properties, which minimize the tendency to apply too thick a coat of paint.
PrepRite® Classic Primer
PrepRite® Wall & Wood
PrepRite® Masonry Primer
A-100® Exterior Primer
Loxon® Masonry Primer
All Surface Enamel Primer