It may seem obvious, but it's important to paint a room in the right order. Even the best painters using the best paints have drips, splatter and occasional spills. Make sure you try to follow the painting order below.
- Paint a 2-inch wide strip on the ceiling where it meets the wall.
- Using a roller with an extension pole, start in a corner and work across the short side to maintain a wet edge.
- Paint a 2-inch strip along ceiling, floor and woodwork with a brush.
- Use a roller, coming as close to the edges as possible to create a clean, uniform appearance.
- Paint all trim around doors, windows, ceilings and floor.
- Start in a corner diagonally opposite the room exit.
- Paint a 2-inch wide strip on the floor where it meets the wall or trim.
- Using a roller with an extension pole or a wide brush, start in a corner and work across the short side to maintain a wet edge.
Choosing a Brush
Learn how to select the right brush for your project.