- Synthetic covers (nylon, dacron or polyester) - ideal for most latex paints.
- Natural covers (mohair or sheepskin) - should be used with oil-based paints. If used with latex paints, the water in the paint may swell the fibers, causing them to become matted.
- Blended covers (polyester / wool blend) - combines the extra pickup of wool with polyester for longer life. Can be used with all paints.
Pile depth refers to the thickness of the roller cover's fiber nap. It's essential to choose the right pile depth for the surface you're painting. Sherwin-Williams offers six pile depths to meet almost any painting project:
- Very Smooth - for metal doors and plaster
- Smooth - for drywall
- Semi-Smooth - for drywall
- Semi-Rough - for rough wood and acoustic tile
- Rough - for textured ceilings and stucco finishes
- Very Rough - for concrete block, brick and fences
Pad applicators are versatile enough for use inside or outside your home. These painting tools are ideal for exterior siding, concrete block, shakes, shingles and fences. They also work well on interior walls, ceilings, floors and doors.
Pad applicators are perfect for latex or oil base paints, stains, sealers or wallpaper paste. Pads produce a smooth paint finish without the spatter that rollers sometimes cause.
Paint edgers are a version of pad applicators that eliminate the need for masking. They're designed for use on ceilings, doors, windows and baseboards.
Browse our pad painting products online