Tendency of paint film to take on the imprint of an object that is placed on it (e.g.: a shelf, table, window sill, or countertop with books, dishes, and other objects on them).
- Not waiting until the coating has dried and cured completely before placing anything on it.
- Poor print resistance is more prone to occur in warm, damp conditions.
- Cool or humid conditions require more curing time for the paint.
- Low quality latex semi-gloss and gloss paints are not recommended on areas that may have objects placed on them like window sills or fireplace mantels.
- Make sure the recommended cure time is allowed for the paint before it is put into service.
- High quality latex enamels and alkyd/oil paints have excellent print resistance.