Painted surfaces that are not easily cleaned of contaminants.
- Low quality, porous paints that contaminants can penetrate into.
- Using a flat finish on a surface that is constantly exposed to contaminants.
- Washability is the ease with which washing will remove dirt from the paint's surface without causing damage.
- The greater the ease of soil removal with a minimum of film erosion, the greater the useful service life of the coating is expected to be.
- Emerald® Interior and Duration Home® are washable coatings where contaminants sit on the surface and easily wash off without scrubbing the surface.
Premium Interior Wall & Wood Primer
Loxon® Concrete & Masonry Primer/Sealer
Because of their smooth finish, semi-gloss and gloss finishes generally clean easier than flat and low sheen finishes.
For areas subject to constant washing, alkyd coatings tend to be harder than latex coatings.